- US Medical Eligibility Criteria for Contraceptive Use (2010)
The CRNBC CM DSTs are based on the US MEC for Contraceptive Use (2010). Check out the US CDC’s MEC apps and summary tables and other resources for using the 2010 MEC.
- Selected Practice Recommendations for Contraceptive Use (2013)
Specific practice recommendations from the US CDC. Check out their new ebook and other resources for using the US MEC and Selected Practice Recommendations.
- Updated U.S. MEC (2010): Revised Recommendations for the Use of Hormonal Contraception Among Women at High Risk for HIV Infection or Infected with HIV (2012). Nurses who work regularly with patients who are HIV positive or taking anti-retroviral therapies should become familiar with this update.
- Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada
SOGC practice guidelines for contraceptive use in Canada.
- Association of Reproductive Health Professionals (ARHP)
Lots of free webinars and resources about contraceptive topics. Sign up as a member and get access to even more learning resources and conferences etc.
- WHO Medical Eligibility Criteria
The US MEC is based on the WHO MEC but further expanded.
- BCIT – Contraceptive Management CRNBC Certification Course for RNs
BCIT offers the only CM certification course.
- Options for Sexual Health